Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pines Restaurant - Rendezvous Observation City Hotel, Scarborough



On Saturday the 3rd of October my fiance and I hosted our engagement dinner at Pines Restaurant which is in the Rendezvous Observation City Hotel in Scarborough.
We invited family and friends to what to turned out to be an awesome night of eating, drinking and then back home for karaoke.
Pines Restaurant is buffet style with a roast carvery. They had a special price going, $29 for adults, down from $52, children 4 - 12 cost $16 and infants 1 - 3 cost $3, all up including 2 bottles of wine and soft drinks, for 12 adults and 4 children, cost $474.50. That is such a good price I think.

The Food
I had high expectations of the food before we got there so was a bit disappointed when it didn't meet my expectations. You know how at some buffets you go to, you know you shouldn't stuff your face with everything just because it's there, but you do anyway? And then you go back up for more? Well I'm bad for that, I usually will keep eating until I'm fully bloated and have to sit there for a while before I can go so that I'm able to walk properly. That just didn't happen for me here. Sure the food was nice and it was edible, but there was just nothing special about it that made me want to go back for more. I guess that's a good  thing for the restaurant.
My fiance loved the prawns. He had a dinner plate full of them. I went and got a couple and got back to the table and realised you have to peel them yourself, so I just left them there, I hate peeling prawns, so not good at it!
Hmmm...I'm trying to find something good to say about the food, but all I can think of is ordinary. Well, it's not a bad thing.

The Service
The service was real good. The waitresses were very attentive and we were seated at our table very quickly.
Out of all the restaurants I have been to in Perth, I think the waitresses at Pines Restaurant are the most on to it. We didn't have to wait very long for drinks, and they were very friendly and helpful. Our dirty dishes were cleared very promptly also.

The Ambience
Pines Restaurant was very busy. There were quite a few large groups and lots of smaller ones, this didn't distract from the relaxing atmosphere that comes with an ocean view. Although they do need to clean their windows, you can't beat a view like the Indian Ocean which is only 100m away.

Overall
We had an awesome night. Pines Restaurant is a great place to share memories with family and friends. On the way home and even when we got home everyone complimented at what a great night they had and that Pines Restaurant was a very good choice.
3 1/2 Stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment